Thursday, July 20, 2006

A little bit of this...a little bit of that

A little bit of this...

I am learning that being a wife, mom, homemaker etc. does not necessarily mean less devotion time due to family demands, but definitely creative devotion times i.e. praying quietly while feeding a little one or playing praise and worship music and dancing with a babe to begin the day (sure sets the right tone for the day) or tucking a mini Bible in the side pocket of the rocking chair and grabbing a little Word "snack". All these mini times with God add up :-)

a little bit of that...

When dealing with my children it is "the sweetness of the lips that promotes instruction" not nagging and harshness. If "the goodness of God leads to repentance (change)" in me, why should it not be so with my children? Over and over again the Word says in one way or another "be not overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good." Light overcomes darkness everytime.

and a little more...

I want to speak another language. One daughter is pretty good at Spanish and another with ASL. I'd like to learn both. I came across a post recently on a business networking group site. The Lord told this lady to be "be fluent in love, just be fluent in love." Oooh deep, deep! I'd better set my attention on this language first. "This is my commandment that you love one another... "
It just doesn't get any deeper than that.

2 comments:

Grafted Branch said...

I do so pray multiple times every day that I would be sweet and sound sweet as I manage this household, my girls and their educational needs.

On a good day, they're like chirping birds. On a bad day more like wild rabbits. Never malicious -- just young, with a certain degree of foolishness bound up in their hearts.

It's so hard sometimes, to know what to do and which battles to pick.

Meejee said...

I hear ya. Sometimes my boys are like two peas in a pod and other times like two wrestling bear cubs :-)I guess that's where the modeling comes in... "set an example for the believers (children) in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."
Families in progress...keeps us on our spiritual toes! LOL